The Glynllifon Estate just south of Caernarfon Sir Thomas Wynn constructed a brick mansion at Glynllifon in 1751 which was burnt down in 1836. The present mansion (1836-49) was built by Lord Newborough who also developed the gardens. There are still many features surviving including the workshops and waterwheel. The water turbine powered a generator that provided electric current. The picture shows the control panel and line shafting.
NIKON E885, f/2.8 @ 8 mm, 1/60, ISO 400, Flash
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:Glynllifon, caernarfon, cymru, electricity, generators, hydro-electric power, line shafting, renewable energy, wales, water power