The Glynllifon Estate just south of Caernarfon Sir Thomas Wynn constructed a brick mansion at Glynllifon in 1751 which was burnt down in 1836. The present mansion (1836-49) was built by Lord Newborough who also developed the gardens. There are still many features surviving including the workshops, waterwheel and waterturbine seen in the image.
NIKON E885, f/2.8 @ 8 mm, 1/60, ISO 184, Flash
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:Gilkes, Glynllifon, Pelton wheels, cymru, electricity, engineering, renewable energy, wales, water power, water turbines, water turbines, waterpower