HRS 2776 St John's Church 1970s, stained glass of St George & the Dragon
Situated at the Stand Lane end of Radcliffe New Road St John's church served a wide area. Consecrated in 1866. "Mr Halle and several ladies and gentlemen assisted the St John's choir" (Nicholls) in raising money for the organ.
The photo was taken just a few hours before the church's demolition.
Categories & Keywords
Category:Architecture and Structures
Keywords:bury, christianity, dragons, lancashire, radcliffe, religion, st george, st john, stained glass, victorians