"This company was formed in 1846 as the Radcliffe and Pilkington Gas Co with works on Wilton St / Egerton St in Radcliffe. The company was incorporated by AoP in 1854. In 1921 an agreement between the Radcliffe UDC and Little Lever UDC resulted in the undertaking being purchased by the newly formed Radcliffe and Little Lever Joint Gas Board. The Board continued to operate the works until it was acquired by the UKGC Ltd in 1938 when it was combined with the Farnworth and Kearsley Gas Co. to form the Radcliffe, Farnworth and District Gas Co. In 1949 it became part of the Bolton-Radcliffe Group of the NWGB." Acknowledgement Source National Archives.
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:1967, bury, chimneys, egerton street, gas holders, gas works, houses, lancashire, radcliffe, town gas