A marker or boundary stone possibly of the former turnpike road from Three Arrows (Ainsworth) to Radcliffe. The stone stood on the SW corner of Red Bank Road and Pilkington Road, Radcliffe. (NGR 77620805) The legend reads TPB AD 1839 279 ft with an arrow pointing to the right. CBA Industrial Archaeology Record 1 March 1968 Ken Howarth recorder. Photo KH same date.
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:1839, St TPB, boundary stones, bury, lancashire, radcliffe, red bank road, roads, signposts, street furniture, victorian