The Glynllifon Estate just south of Caernarfon Sir Thomas Wynn constructed a brick mansion at Glynllifon in 1751 which was burnt down in 1836. The present mansion (1836-49) was built by Lord Newborough who also developed the gardens. There are still many features surviving including the workshops and waterwheel. The photo shows the steam engine that powered the workshops, restored by the late Fred Dibnah of Bolton. It was built by De Winton's of Caernarfon.
NIKON E885, f/2.8 @ 8 mm, 1/60, ISO 182, Flash
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:Fred Dibnah, caernarfon, cymru, de winton, engineering, fred dibnah, glynllifon, steam engines, steam power, wales