"The mill is a blanket finishing mill, built in 1789 of stone with stone slates and driven by a water wheel. It was built by the Turners. The present waterwheel was erected in about 1830 and survives at the east end, although it ceased working in 1954. The mill is now a museum and has been fully renovated by the trustees of Higher Mill and Lancs C.C" Source Lancashire County Council. PHOTO: Spinning mules exist in an adjacent building to the woollen finishing section. Here waste cotton was spun on the mules whose carriages move in and out. eg left to centre, right to centre of the image. 2008.
LEICA D-LUX2, f/2.8 @ 6.3 mm, 0.3s, ISO 80, No Flash