"The mill is a blanket finishing mill, built in 1789 of stone with stone slates and driven by a water wheel. It was built by the Turners. The present waterwheel was erected in about 1830 and survives at the east end, although it ceased working in 1954. The mill is now a museum and has been fully renovated by the trustees of Higher Mill and Lancs C.C" Source Lancashire County Council. Photo: 2008.
LEICA D-LUX2, f/2.8 @ 6.3 mm, 1/100, ISO 80, No Flash