HRS 1937 Ainsworth, Paddock Leach, prior to fire 1971
Paddock Leach was a 17th century house, converted and used to house nursing staff for the Smallpox isolation hospital in Ainsworth was burnt to the ground to remove any chance of infection following the closure of the local isolation unit. 1971.
Its original name was Parrock Leach which means parrock = a small field and leach = attached. (Parish registers & other sources)